According to statistics, 8 out of 10 people who lose weight say that the 6 petal diet helped them achieve maximum weight loss. What is the peculiarity of this miraculous nutritional scheme, why is it called the most optimistic and psychologically pleasant? This article will provide you with comprehensive answers to weight loss questions and a sample menu for each day of the diet.
The diet is designed for 6 days, each of which is represented by its own "petal":
- first day (petal) - fish;
- the second is vegetables;
- the third is meat;
- fourth - grain;
- fifth quark;
- Sixth is fruity.
The principle of such a nutritional system is based on the separation of proteins and carbohydrates. Three out of six days are devoted exclusively to protein foods, the other three to carbohydrate foods. This division has a physiological basis. The human body is designed in such a way that carbohydrates can only be fully absorbed if they are consumed together with proteins. The separate absorption of nutrients means that the body cannot absorb them completely and is forced to draw energy from the fat reserves.
Who is the author of this energy plan?
The author of the system is Anna Johansson, a nutritionist from Sweden. Although no documentary evidence of the Swede's involvement in the development of the petal diet has been found, the program is considered professional and educated.
What do the petals have to do with it?
The idea behind the petal diet is to psychologically visualize the nutritional system. The author suggests expressing it in the form of a large chamomile flower, with each petal symbolizing its own food day. Tearing off a petal every day gradually brings losing weight closer to its intended goal. This is an important motivational element and will help you adapt positively to food restrictions.
Which daily schedule should you follow?
You can eat according to the classic scheme with breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is no need to go without snacks. The petals diet is already low in calories, so you shouldn't starve to death additionally.
Can days be exchanged?
Not allowed. Each of the six days of the diet prepares the body for the next phase of weight loss. By rearranging the feeding days, the entire scheme is completely disrupted at the physiological level.
Why does the fish day come first when the body is not yet hungry?
The task of fish in the diet is to "weigh" the vigilance of the body, to saturate it with protein and fats and to force it to actively burn calories.
How can you survive such boring food?
Natural spices, fresh and frozen greens, cinnamon, lemon juice and ginger help make the dishes brighter and tastier. You can sweeten your food with a sugar substitute or a teaspoon of honey, but only as a last resort.
How often can you eat with such a program?
The six petal diet can be repeated regularly, but not more than once a month. The body needs at least 4 weeks to restore its energy balance and replenish its reserves of vitamins and minerals.
What do doctors think of the Swedish diet?
Doctors strongly recommend consulting them when planning a diet. With obesity, endocrine disorders, and indigestion, it is dangerous to limit yourself to food.
Do I have to count calories?
Optional, but desirable. The recommended calorie value for an adult dieter is 1200-1400 kcal.
What is the difference between the 6 and 7 petal diet?
The 7-petal diet includes the last "hungry" day. At the end of the cycle it is forbidden to eat anything, but only to consume water and drinks.
Who is the diet for
The original weight loss regimen successfully combines two factors: calorie restriction and psychological motivation. Therefore, the petal diet can be recommended to anyone who:
- cannot find intrinsic motivation and willpower for food restrictions;
- wants to lose weight quickly without extreme physical exertion;
- does not tolerate hunger and low-calorie fasting days;
- loves to plan his meals and not worry about preparing complex diet meals.
The six petal diet manages to lose 500-800 g of excess weight every day. The total weight loss at the end of the nutritional cycle is at least 3 kg.
The loss of your diet can be much more, but you need to go through several "chamomile" cycles. There are cases when men and women were able to lose 15-18 kg.
Who diet is not suitable
The "6 petals" diet is intended for healthy people who do not complain about their well-being and who do not suffer from chronic diseases. In reality, however, it is almost impossible to meet a person without a “chronicle”.
There are different categories of people who are categorically prohibited from dieting:
- Diabetics - they should receive the optimal amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats prescribed by Diet 9;
- for adolescents - a growing body needs fats that are not contained in the flower diet;
- pregnant women - with rapid weight gain, women in this position can be recommended point fasting days during the 2nd and 3rd trimester;
- women who are breastfeeding - their diet should be balanced but hypoallergenic;
- Patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - in the acute stage, they are prescribed “hungry” days and a frugal fractionated diet;
- for patients with liver and kidney diseases - a large amount of proteins in the diet increases the stress on these internal organs.
Swedish food completely rejects sugar, so it is extremely difficult for those with a sweet tooth on such a diet. In their case, the original chocolate diet can be recommended. All day long you just need to eat dark chocolate and divide the bar into several receptions.
Advantages and disadvantages of diet
The advantages of the nutritional regimen suggested by Anna Johansson are:
- optimal duration - in 6 days the body does not have time to exhaustion, weight loss occurs smoothly, but noticeably;
- Lack of overeating - due to the monotony of eating during the day, you won't want to eat large portions;
- Simplicity of dishes - the menu for every day includes simple and familiar products that are available to everyone;
- a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals - the diet includes vegetables and fruits that are rich in useful nutrients;
- Absence of "hungry" days - the diet can be considered soft and frugal;
- varied menu - you are not hungry, you do not have to eat the same food every day.
But you should pay attention to those who lose weight and the "pitfalls" that the diet does not do without:
- with rapid weight loss, the skin becomes flabby and the muscles lose their tone;
- on protein days, a person may experience weakness caused by a lack of carbohydrate compounds;
- Rapid weight loss can stress the body and disrupt the usual metabolic processes.
- is not suitable for the hypovitaminosis season when the body is weakened;
- chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines that have not been losing weight for a long time can worsen;
- Diet does not guarantee significant weight loss - 20% of those who lose weight cannot lose more than 2 kg in 6 days.
Do's and Don'ts
The basic foundation of the diet is changing protein and carbohydrate foods every other day. The 1st, 3rd and 5th day are protein, the 2nd, 4th and 6th day are carbohydrates. It is forbidden to mix days together, otherwise effective weight loss will not work.
Important!The rapid burning of fat fiber is observed on the first day of observation of mono meals. In the following days, the results achieved are consolidated and the body is converted into a new metabolic system.
The following products are included in the "white" list:
- Vegetables that do not contain a lot of starch - zucchini, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, cucumber, cabbage, carrots, leafy vegetables, beets, allspice herbs (parsley, coriander, basil, dill), celery, paprika, broccoli, cauliflower;
- almost all fruits and berries - apples, pears, oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, grapefruit, cherries, peaches, apricots, plums, strawberries, lemon;
- Dairy products with a low percentage of fat - kefir, cottage cheese, fermented baking milk, sour cream, yogurt without fillers, whole milk;
- Meat - only chicken without skin and sinews is allowed;
- some types of grain - buckwheat, oatmeal in the form of flakes, unpolished rice, bran, sprouted grain;
- Seafood and low-fat fish - bream, pikeperch, pollock, hake, blue whiting, cod, trout, salmon;
- Bran or whole grain bread, rye croutons, crispbread, sunflower seeds, nuts and seeds.
There are no strict restrictions on drinks. Rose hip broth, herbal teas, natural freshly squeezed juices, homemade compotes, mineral water - all of these can be drunk. Whenever possible, cut down on black tea and coffee in favor of a chicory drink and green tea, or give up entirely. Drinks with grated ginger, mint leaves and lemon wedges will quench your thirst.
The most important taboos of the six petal diet are:
- all kinds of fats - butter and vegetable oils, margarine, mayonnaise;
- Fast food - sandwiches, hamburgers, fried food;
- Vegetables with a lot of starch - pumpkin, potatoes, beans;
- Instant Food - sausages, meat specialties, basturma, ham, smoked ham, boiled pork, canned food;
- meat - veal, pork, beef, rabbit;
- Flour products - cakes, pies, dumplings, dumplings, pancakes, rolls, noodles;
- all candy - chocolate, candy, gingerbread, jam, halva, marshmallow, cookies, marshmallow, jam;
- Grains - corn, millet, wheat, pearl barley.
Sugar in any form is prohibited - it cannot be added to food or drinks. To prevent the food from appearing lean, it can be lightly salted, herbs and natural spices can be added without any flavor enhancers. Sometimes an exception is made for vegetable oil - no more than a teaspoon of olive or sunflower oil can be consumed per day.
Given the extensive list of foods the 6 Petal Diet offers, putting together a menu won't be that difficult. But you need to be patient because you only need to eat one type of product throughout the day.
Day 1 - Fish
The first day, on which only fish take part, should supply the body with sufficient polyunsaturated omega-3 acids. This is the same healthy fat that cannot build up in the form of cellulite and extra pounds in subcutaneous tissues. The proteins contained in food fish are good for filling, block the feeling of hunger and are digested with high quality.
What you can cook on a fish day:
- Salmon fillets, pollock, trout, hake in a water bath with herbs;
- Fish steaks with garlic dressing, baked in foil;
- fish soup with herbs and sea salt;
- Cocktail with fresh seafood.
The total amount of fish products should be around 300-500 grams per day.
Day 2 - Vegetables
The number of products per vegetable day is limited to 1-1. 5 kg. However, in fact, you can eat as many vegetables as you want - they do not provide many calories, but they contain a maximum of vitamins and microelements. Vegetables rich in fiber (carrots, beets) convey a feeling of satiety and at the same time contribute to high-quality colon cleansing by increasing peristalsis.
What you can plan for a vegetable leaf:
- Ragout with carrots, peppers, cabbage and onions;
- grilled or oven-baked eggplant and zucchini;
- cooked cauliflower or broccoli, seasoned with lemon juice and Provencal herbs;
- Vegetable tomato soup with basil.
Important!The six-petal diet cannot supply the body with all the essential substances. Therefore, doctors prohibit continuous eating according to this scheme.
Day 3 - Chicken
Chicken is a favorite in the diet. It contains easily digestible protein and a whole complex of minerals - magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium. The amino acids contained in the product are used exclusively to strengthen muscles and are not converted into subcutaneous fat.
Recipes of the day:
- steamed chicken breast chops with egg and dill;
- Chicken fillet baked in foil with spices;
- cooked meat in the form of a steak.
Up to 0. 5 kg of chicken can be eaten on this protein day.
Day 4 - Grain
Only grains that do not contain bran husk are suitable for this phase of nutrition. This component belongs to slow carbohydrates - digestion takes a long time and requires a lot of energy. To increase the nutritional value of cereals, they should be soaked in water overnight and boiled or steamed in the morning.
- buckwheat porridge with bran;
- Hercules muesli with nuts or seeds;
- rice porridge with herbs and sprouted wheat grains.
The total amount of dry grain should not exceed one glass.
Day number 5 - cottage cheese
On the fifth day, you should buy 500 g of diet cottage cheese with a fat content of no more than 3, 8%. The so-called curd product is not suitable for a petal diet - it contains hydrogenated fats and additives that are not useful. Cottage cheese, like any protein product, neutralizes hunger well and promotes cell renewal.
Sample menu for this protein tag:
- baked cheesecakes with semolina and cinnamon;
- whipped cottage cheese with sugar substitute and two tablespoons of brewed coffee;
- Cottage cheese dessert with natural yoghurt.
On this day, all milk drinks with a moderate fat content are allowed - kefir, milk, ayran, yogurt.
Day 6 - Fruits
The Swedish Diet Fruit Day is considered the tastiest and brightest. You can eat any fruit except bananas, grapes, and dried fruits - they're too high in calories and too sugary. Fruits and berries have antioxidant properties, prevent premature aging and remove toxins from the body. The product carries out the "final" cleansing of the body and prepares it for the exit from the diet.
On a fruit day you can let your imagination run wild and combine products according to your wishes. Salads, smoothies, fresh juices, freshly squeezed juices, baked fruits with cinnamon and cardamom - all of this is suitable for the last dietary "petal".
How to get off the diet
A smooth exit from the diet helps maintain the results of the diet. The calorie content can be increased gradually, starting at 1200 kcal and up to 2000 kcal. A week after the "petals" run out, it is better to eat the same foods and combine different types of protein on protein days and different types of carbohydrates on carbohydrate days.
If a person wants to keep losing weight, it makes sense to switch to a balanced diet. It should contain proteins, carbohydrates and fats, but with a low energy value. At this stage, do not forget about physical exercises and lymphatic drainage massage. These procedures help tighten the "thin" skin and strengthen the muscles.
The Swedish food program is trustworthy as it is created by a professional nutritionist. The strict change of days, the lack of fat in the diet and an important motivational factor make the diet effective and popular. Note, however, that this program is designed for quick, short-term results. In order for the lost kilograms not to return, it is necessary to lose weight and, at the end of the diet, eat rationally, and not overeat.