One of the most problematic areas of the human body is the abdomen. Active accumulation of subcutaneous fat in this area is peculiar to both men and girls. By summer I want to pump up the press so that the waist is more visible. In this case, you will need exercises to lose weight on your stomach at home. In addition, a person should follow the correct diet so that the calories displaced during exercise do not return.
Causes of excess belly fat
Normally every person has fat deposits that serve to protect the internal organs and bones and are involved in some hormone production processes. An excess amount is harmful to health, affects the figure and self-esteem. The belly does not grow overnight, so this problem should be addressed in a timely manner. The following factors provoke its development:
- Bad metabolism (metabolism).As you get older, this process becomes slower (if not supported by exercise), resulting in poor food processing. Instead of energy, the body begins to accumulate excess weight. This problem is more common in women. Each person has a different metabolic rate, so some can eat any food and still not get fat.
- Genetic predisposition.Scientific studies show that if you are overweight in your family, there is a high risk that you too have a hereditary potential for weight gain.
- Sedentary lifestyle, sedentary lifestyle.This is one of the factors that slow down your metabolism. The less physical activity there is in your life, the fewer calories the body will use and, over time, they will accumulate in different parts of the body.
- Overeating.A person gains weight when they eat more than their body can put out.
- Incorrect posture when sitting.When a person lies down, flexing their spine, the likelihood of obesity in the abdomen increases significantly. Keep your back straight while sitting.
- Illness, stress.These factors become the main causes of subcutaneous fat accumulation. The amount of cortisol increases in the body, which contributes to weight gain. Sleep apnea, breast cancer, cardiovascular disease, arterial hypertension, and diabetes also add inches in the waistline.
- Weak abdominal musclescannot keep the internal organs in the desired position, so that the stomach protrudes.
- Hormonal changes.This reason is more pronounced in women approaching middle age. Fat begins to grow in proportion to body weight. During menopause, the risk of extra inches of building up in the waist area increases. Hormones are an important part of regulating body fat.
Exercises for the abdomen and waist
A slim figure is the result of a balanced, healthy diet and regular physical activity at home or in the gym. You can't force individual body parts to lose weight, so abdominal fat burning exercises affect other muscle groups as well. For anatomical reasons, certain places in some people lose weight or gain weight faster, but the principle of weight loss is one thing: reducing the consumption of calories, accelerating the metabolism.
From all of the fat burning workout options, choose Cardio. This is an option for home or outdoor training where a high pace is maintained and the cardiovascular system is working in an enhanced mode. This forces the body to use more energy and deplete nutrient stores. Such training speeds up the metabolism, saturates muscles and body cells with nutrients and oxygen. To reduce the waistline, strengthen the abdomen, you can do the following:
- use a stationary bike at home or ride a bike;
- football, basketball;
- for jogging outdoors or on a treadmill at home.
Effective exercises for the upper press
Conventionally, the abdominal muscles are divided into the upper and lower areas. The press is a muscle and it is fully involved in abdominal slimming exercises at home, so it is wrong to talk about training a separate part. There are still a few exercise options that make it easier to target a specific area of your abs. Curls are a popular option. Here are some effective upper abs options:
- Classic version.Place a rug on the floor, lie on your back and bend your knees slightly (you should be at an angle of about 30 degrees). Another person should sit on his feet. Or hook them on a sofa or wardrobe to secure the position of the body. Put your hands behind your head and put them in a lock. Reach for your pelvis with your chin, remembering that you should be exercising with your abs, not your lower back. Do 2-3 sets of 10-15 times over time and increase this to 30-40.
- With raised legs.You have to throw your legs up on a hill, a sofa, chair and bench in the gym will do this. Furthermore, the twisting technique from the above example is completely repeated, the number of approaches is also.
Exercises for the lower abdomen
This part of the belly often bothers girls because even with low weight the belly begins to expand a little. Most often this is not due to the layer of fat, but to the weakness of the abdominal muscles, which the internal organs cannot hold. When the press is strengthened at home, that head start disappears. The following exercise can be used:
- Put a rug on the floor and lie on your back.
- You need to join a wardrobe, sofa, or something heavy with your hands.
- Smooth legs begin to rise until they are 30 degrees with the floor.
- Lock it in this position and hold it for as long as possible.
- Lower your feet to the floor and take a little rest. Repeat this process 5-6 times.
Exercises to lose weight from the abdomen and sides
An important prerequisite for reducing the size of the waist and stomach - adherence to the right diet. It is necessary to refrain from fast food, fried and sweet foods, alcohol. This will help you get rid of those extra pounds, and exercise to lose weight on your stomach will speed up this process and give your figure an appetizing shape. In this case, you cannot limit yourself to one charge. In addition to the effective abdominal exercises described above, you will need to do some cardio workout at home.
The main task of such exercises is to keep the heart rate at a high level for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Experienced athletes exercise cardio for 40-60 minutes. For beginners at home, circuit training that can be done without special equipment is well suited. Do the following exercises to lose weight on your sides and waist:
- jump rope for 3-4 minutes;
- 20 side bends on each side;
- classic phrases;
- jump rope again for 3-4 minutes;
- plank exercise;
- drops 20 times in each direction;
- Side crunch.
The most effective abdominal exercises
There are many different ways to do abs training. As a rule, a person chooses effective exercises for weight loss in the abdomen based on their own feelings. He technically executes some options better and they give a good result, others don't work due to inexperience or unpreparedness. For most athletes, the following exercises have become the best exercises for exercising their abs and sides at home:
- side bends;
- swing your lunges;
This exercise helps strengthen the abdominal muscles without increasing their volume. This is especially useful for girls. Who wants to flatten their stomach. Classic twisting is a dynamic load that increases the volume of the press, and the bar is static, which only strengthens it and makes the muscle fibers more elastic. The exercise is carried out at home according to the following rules:
- Put down a rug and bring it into a push-up position.
- Lower yourself on your elbows so that they are directly below your shoulders. Make sure that the back is not round and that the pelvis does not drop deeply. The body should be stretched in a straight line.
- This position should be held for at least 20 to 30 seconds for beginners and longer than 1 to 2 minutes for advanced athletes.
- Repeat this exercise 3-4 times, trying to constantly increase the amount of time in a static position.
This exercise contains several "modifications" - with a phrase. The bottom line is that to the option above, you add an inward rotation of the pelvis or turn on straight arms on the sides. You will not get any additional benefit from such "improvements" and it is better to do the exercise in its original form. In addition to the press, the plank strengthens the lower back, shoulders, forearms, abdominal muscles, buttocks, and back of the thighs without special shells at home.
lunges with turns
This is a versatile exercise that targets the thighs, glutes, and all of the abs. This is a great option if you need to do exercises at home to help you lose weight on your legs and abs. You can do this with empty hands or with an extra weight device (fitball, bag, pancake, dumbbell). The technique is as follows:
- Jump forward with your knee at a 90 degree angle.
- Put your arms by your sides and twist to the right while keeping your pelvis in place.
- Lunge with your other foot and turn left.
- Repeat this movement 10-15 times.
For weight loss, it is recommended to exercise in the morning every day and to do 2-3 cardio workouts per week. One of the problem areas when exercising is the lateral abdominal muscles. Remember that when working with weights, there is a chance that your muscles will gain volume and your waistline will disappear (this is important for girls). At home, you can do side bends using the obliques with the correct technique. The technique is as follows:
- feet shoulder width apart. Cross your arms and raise them above your head.
- Lean your upper body to the left as far as you can feel the stretch on the opposite side of your body.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Return to the original pose and repeat for the right side.
- Over time, increase the commit time from 15 seconds to 30 or more.
This method of losing weight and strengthening the abdominal muscles is actively used in Bodyflex exercises. If you are looking for effective exercises for a flat stomach, you should try vacuum. The technique is as follows:
- Get up on all fours with your hands on the floor.
- Take a deep breath and then exhale as much as possible so that there is no air at all
- At this point, pull in your stomach and pull tight.
- Hold the position for 15-20 seconds. Make sure your eyes don't darken and spin in your head. If you experience these symptoms, stop doing the exercise and reduce the holding time.
- As you do 4-5 of these repetitions, you can increase the number over time.
How do I do weight loss exercises on the stomach at home?
In order to achieve the desired result and effectiveness of the training, you need to follow some rules. Even the lightest abdominal weight loss exercises require a preliminary warm-up, preferably a jump rope or a run, to warm up all of the muscle groups in the body. Not only will this prepare you for your workout, but it will also speed up your metabolism, increase your heart rate, and lose weight faster. You should follow these recommendations:
- Be sure to follow a diet;
- Crunches should be performed with the abdominal muscles, not the lower back.
- You shouldn't do more than 15-20 repetitions, otherwise you won't strengthen the muscles but start building them, which will not help you thin your waist.
- Make sure you stretch after every workout.
- Take classes regularly, not occasionally.